FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Bumpa™ Mats are used throughout the commercial early learning/education sector which is testament to their safety, quality and durability.
To supply the commercial child care market, Bumpa™ Mats need to adhere to strict safety guidelines. Please be assured, they are non-toxic and SAFE from formamide, phthalates & BPA.
NOTE: low prices may equal an inferior product, our business model has been to find the best quality materials and therefore best quality end product. Please be mindful of alternative brands and the inflated prices or average materials.
Where are Bumpa Mats made?
Bumpa Mats are made in a specialist facility in Korea. This has been specifically chosen because it is able to manufacture to strict design preferences as well as meeting all of the requirements to satisfy the rigorous European, UK and Australian testing, quality and safety standards.
A recognisable diamond embossed surface helps to identify our unmatched quality versus other brands manufactured in China.
What are Bumpa Mats made out of?
Bumpa mats are manufactured with embossed, cushioned PVC. They have been tested, certified and accredited safe from BPA, Phthalates and Formamide. They also carry certification from the Australian NHMRC - National Health and Medical Research Council.
My Bumpa Mat has some creases. What should I do?
How do I care for my Bumpa Mat?
- Harsh chemicals and brushes may damage the surface.
- Highly concentrated colours/paints may stain the surface.
- Refrain from using vacuum cleaners on the mat as these can scratch the surface. Using the brush setting may be OK, but this is at the owner's risk. Steam mop is OK.
- Avoid direct contact with heat and avoid leaving in the sunlight for long periods of time. The images on your mat may deteriorate with too much sun (UV) exposure.
- Do not leave your mat under heavy furniture, as furniture legs can damage the mat.
- To keep your mat in good condition, remove shoes when using it.
Can I use my Bumpa Mat outside?
- Do check that there are no sharp objects below your mat that might pierce or damage the surface before placing it down.
- We suggest rolling your Bumpa Mat up and bringing it inside overnight to avoid any discolouration from the sun or damage from damp or wet conditions.
- Bumpa mats can withstand numerous accidents from little ones, a damp sponge or even a light spray from a hose, but they are not waterproof so cannot be immersed in water for long periods or left out in the rain.
What guarantees or warranties do I get with my Bumpa Mat?
When our care guide is followed, there is no reason that your Bumpa Mat shouldn't easily last a lifetime!
We're confident that we've sourced the very best manufacturers for Bumpa Mats and that our quality is unmatched and of the highest standards.
Every Bumpa Mat sold comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty.